- This event has passed.
FSC Hop-On, Hop-Off Driving Journey-Journey-Junket Through the Carolinas Tour
September 6 - September 12
(or The Ho-Ho Triple-J Tour)
DEADLINE is Wednesday, August 8
Okay all you travel fanatics…
you’ve been asking for it…
time to pack your bags for a fun-filled driving tour from Florida to the Carolinas.
The name says it all. Hop-On, Hop-Off. We have designed a fun driving tour that will allow BMW enthusiasts to “Hop-On” or “Hop-Off” at any point of the driving tour.
Will a four-day weekend meet your fancy?
Or are you a travel-freak and want to experience it all?
We have the tour for you!
Start with the tour group in Tampa or choose to join us at in Spartanburg, SC or Charleston, SC or the Outer-Banks of NC.
You decide! Do part of the Tour or do it ALL! It’s your choice!
Join us on Thursday, September 6th as we head to Spartanburg, SC to explore BMW’s holy-grail, the Zentrum and the BMW Production Center. Spend Friday in the inter-sanctum of BMW paradise. Then we’ll head over to Charleston, SC for an antebellum dinner.
Spend Saturday on one of several arranged historic tours around the water-front of historic Charleston. Round out the evening with dinner southern-style at a reserved restaurant.
Want to go farther and experience more, Sunday will be a travel day to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. (Others may choose to head back to Florida or their own alternate destinations).
The Outer Banks offer an up-close and personal view of the Atlantic Ocean… with pristine beaches and running sand dunes. A visit to Nags Head and Kitty Hawk will stir so much history!
We continue preparations Touring, Restaurants and Excursions. Mark your calendars now for Thursday, September 6th – 9th for Spartanburg and Charleston, SC; September 9th-12th (or more if you prefer) for the Outer Banks, NC.
RSVP’s will be required so that lodging plans, restaurant and excursion planning will meet the demand of participants.
Preliminary Outline: (Subject to fine-tuning)
Initial scope: Up to a 5 or 6 – day drive tour starting on Thursday, September 6, 2018
- The Factory/Museum (Spartanburg) – Friday, 9:00 or 10:00 am…ish tour (TBD), museum and lunch. Depart 3:00 pm for 3.5 hour drive to…
- Charleston – Arrive 5:30 pm…ish on same day at the Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown. One full day/two nights.
- The Outer Banks (OBX) – Optional tour split. Stay in Charleston on Sunday (and depart for Tampa/Ft Myers) or join the 7.5 hour drive to the Outer Banks.
Departure from Tampa – Thursday morning, September 6th – Meet at Cracker Barrel, I-75 and SR 54 @ 8:00 am for Breakfast or 9:00 am departure. Arriving Spartanburg around 5:30 pm Hampton Inn and Suites (Spartanburg I-26 Westgate Mall).
Spartanburg – Friday am, September 7th – Factory/Museum – Zentrum 9:00 or 10:00 am (TBD)
Charleston– (arrive (6:00 pm …ish) at the Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, 425 Meeting St.
Friday night, September 7th, all day Saturday, Sunday am
Saturday, September 8th activity choices: 10:00 am Historic Walking Tour or 9:30 am Boat Tour to Ft Sumter (either/or); Lunch; then afternoon drive to Magnolia Plantation or explore the city (again, either/or); meet for dinner.
Outer Banks – (5:00 pm …ish) at the Hatteras Island Inn 46745 NC-12, Buxton, NC.
Sunday night, September 9th – Buxton/Avon
Monday, September 10th – Ocracoke Island and the lighthouse. Buxton and the Hatteras Light
Tuesday, September 11th – Bodie Island Light, Wright Bros Memorial in Kill Devil Hills
Ft Myers to Tampa …………………….………………… 2.0 hours
Tampa to Charleston ……………………..………..…. 7.5 hours
Tampa to Factory ………………………………………… 9.5 hours
Factory to Charleston …………………………..…….. 3.5 hours
Charleston to Outer Banks ……………….……….. 7.5 hours
Nags Head (Outer Banks) to Tampa ………. 12.5 hours
- The drive from Tampa north will stop short of Spartanburg to spend the night. Short drive the next morning to the factory.
- The tour split on Sunday – both destinations (Tampa or Outer Banks) are 7.5 hour drives, so anticipate both groups depart Charleston after breakfast.
- All accommodations will be available from a Block Room Rate (BMW). You must ask for this rate when calling for reservations. Blocks are not open yet.
- All Charleston activities require sign-up at time of reservation for the Ho-Ho Triple J Drive Tour. We will be “winging it” in the Outer Banks.